SUBMISSIONS SUBMISSIONS SUBMISSIONS for Taos’ Poetry in Nature Project
Our good friend (and amazing poet), Cathy Strisik, the Taos, New Mexico’s second Poet Laureate for the years 2020-2022, is leading a poetry project entitled Poetry in Nature.
This endeavor will see the installation of poems into natural settings on private and public properties in Taos County. These properties will be the Helene Wurlitzer Foundation of New Mexico; Mabel Dodge Luhan House & Conference Center; John Dunn Shops in historical downtown Taos our very own Rio Fernando Park.
SUBMIT A NATURE POEM!
The submission process is as follows:
1. Poems will be accepted during only the month of May 2020.
2. Poems will be sensitive to the nature and culture of northern New Mexico, therefore those poems that are written in reaction to the immense natural setting of this area encouraged.
3. Poem Guidelines: no more than 14 lines including stanza breaks, with 45 characters max per line including spaces. If poems do not meet these guidelines they will not be read and considered.
4. Please note that submissions are limited to two poems submitted in a single file as word documents. Please include all writer contact info on a separate first page of the submitted file.
5. All poems will be read anonymously and carefully by Taos Poet Laureate, Catherine Strisik, and SOMOS Executive Director, Jan Smith.
6. No previously published poems.
7. $10.00 submission payment (paid through PayPal to be used toward the Poetry in Nature Project).
8. Please make your submissions to: email@example.com