Regenerative Agricultural Practices Workshop at Rio Fernando Park!
Saturday, October 12, 2019
9 am to 3:30 pm
Rio Fernando Park
410 La Posta Rd, Taos, New Mexico 87571
$30 – includes lunch! Register here: https://holisticmanagement.org/riofernandopark/
We are proud to announce that we are collaborating with Holistic Management International (HMI) to bring you an all day workshop on Regenerative Agricultural Practices at Rio Fernando Park here in Taos! HMI is a decades-old organization that seeks to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
What to Expect:
At this field day, you will…
- Learn how Holistic Management enables producers to clearly identify & meet their goals, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture…
- Meet long time Holistic Management practitioner George Whitten of the San Juan Ranch, a certified organic, grass-fed beef ranch, and hear how he has used regenerative practices to revive the health of his soil….
- Hear from park land manager Ben Wright and learn about his experiments in soil health to restore parts of the Rio Fernando Park property…
- Take part in hands-on exercises to learn about the health of the soil…
- Tour Rio Fernando Park and learn about cover cropping & biological monitoring….
- Hear from local organizations making a positive impact in the community through farming/ranching…..
- Learn why soil health is so critical to productivity….
- Discuss management techniques for wildlife habitat (prairie dogs, beavers, birds)….
- See different methods of erosion control & water retention….
- Enjoy a delicious lunch featuring local ingredients….
Advanced registration is $30 per person (includes lunch). Online registration closes October 9, 2019. Walk in registration is $35 per person, if available. Student & Military DISCOUNTS available! Email Stephanie for more information!
Register soon, as we have limited space available. Sorry, registration fees are non-refundable. Go here: https://holisticmanagement.org/riofernandopark/
If you are unable to register online, please fill out the HMI Event Registration Form and mail along with your check or money order to:
HMI Registration Dept.
5941 Jefferson St. NE, Ste B
Albuquerque, NM 87109
This is a rain or shine event. Please bring appropriate clothing, footwear and a water bottle. For biosecurity reasons please do not bring any dogs.