Fruit Tree Grafting and Orchard Care
Saturday, March 14, 2020 (no matter the weather) from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at Rio Fernando Park in Taos, NM.
Learn to graft fruit trees and initiate their early stages of life!
A Hands-On Workshop with Gordon Tooley
- Cost: $125 (Some scholarships are available: APPLY HERE)
- Room is limited: Preregistration and 50% payment required to reserve a spot
- For questions, call us at: (575) 751-3138 or stop by the Taos Land Trust offices.
- Bring whatever grafting tools you have; sharp knives, pruners, clothes for changing weather.
- You are welcome to bring some of your own apple or crabapple scions (young shoot or twig). For successful grafts you need to bring last year’s new growth in straight twigs of around 1/4″ diameter (about the diameter of a pencil) and around 12″ long. Cut them just before the workshop. Bundle them together by variety, label them, and wrap the full length of the pieces in damp cloth or newspaper and then in a plastic bag, and store in the refrigerator.
- We will only have rootstock available for grafting apples and crabapples.
- Lunch is provided.